health monitoring plugins:
This is the main readme file for the health montiroing plugins project. In this project we pubish all our plugins we write for icinga / nagios. The plugins are provided on pypi as python package.
All plugins are released under the GPLv2.
A detailed description can be found in the README in the doc folder.
Monitor the jobs in the Jenkins job queue
Monitor Fortinet Wifi Controllers via SNMP
Monitor HP / Aruba procurve switches via SNMP
Monitor an UPS from APC via SNMP.
Monitor an UPS from Eaton via SNMP. Requires the built in Eaton network card.
Check the status of the CROSS TECHNOLOGIES redundancy controller 2082-141. Implemented against MIB 2082-141.mib
Check the Meinberg NTP server LANTIME M300.
The plugin checks the current ntp and gps state, shows the current gps position and checks the good satellites. Tested with firmware version 5.30 and 6.18 (NG).
Check the status of a Moxa NPORT 6000 RS232 to LAN converter.
You can check each port for the CTS, DSR, DTR and Error count.
This plugin checks the health of HP servers with iLo 4 interface via SNMP.
Check the status of a Janitza 604 device.
Check the used / free disk space of a device via SNMP (using the HOST-RESOURCES-MIB hrStorageSize). There are already script doing that like http://nagios.manubulon.com/snmp_storage.html . But these check script have a big problem with large storage systems.
Check the status of a tcp/udp port via SNMP. For TCP ports also the status is checked (e.g listen, established).
Check a Raritan Dominition PX PDU (Power Distribution Unit):
- outlets (On, Off)
- inlet (Power, Current, Voltage)
- connected sensors
Icinga / Nagios plugin to check if a Windows service is in running state via SNMP.
This plugin compares the time of the icinga/nagios machine with the time of a remote device.
This plugin checks the health of Dell iDRAC.
This plugin checks the health of Teledyn Paradise Datacom Sattelite Modem.
Check the status of a Ubiquiti airMax device.
The complete plugin package is available at PyPI
If your Linux machine is directly connected to the internet, you can use pip to install the package. Just run:
pip install health_monitoring_plugins
The plugins will be installed in your PATH. So the scripts can be executed directly.
If you are behind a firewall or not connected to the internet, you can download the tar.hz from PyPI and install it with
To uninstall the package you can run:
pip uninstall health_monitoring_plugins
You can download the source package from PyPI
To install the package from source with setup.py, you can run
tar xfvz health_monitoring_plugins-.tar.gz cd health_monitoring_plugins python setup.py install
Run the unittests
To run the unittests just execute:
python setup.py test
The unittests require pytest. For the unittests we use the testagent from haxtibal.
- Added check_snmp_instadios_csm
- Added SNMPv3 support for check_snmp_idrac
- Fixed some bugs in check_snmp_idrac (error if sever is powered off or if the power supply is not redundant)
- Added check_snmp_fortinet
- Added check_jenkins_api
- Added check_snmp_procurve
- Added check_snmp_lband
- Added check_snmp_eaton_ups
- Added check_snmp_apc_ups
- Several bugfixes and code improvements
- Fixed segfault, if there is no route to host
Added check_snmp_teledyne, check_snmp_janitza, check_snmp_ubiquiti
- Several bugfixes
Fixed bug in check_snmp_time2
- Added check_snmp_idrac
- Several bugfixes and code cleanup
- Several bugfixes and code cleanup
- Added unittests for all plugins
- Fixed a bug in check_snmp_raritan Inlet check
- Cleaned up some parts of the code
- Better package structure
- The first testing release including all developed check plugins
- Implement SNMPv3 support for all plugins
- add a default threshold to check_snmp_time2
- check_snmp_raritan: It should be possible to monitor all outlets / sensors in one service
- check_snmp_large_stroage: Check a list of storages