NagMap Reborn - Standalone integration of some server monitoring systems into Google Maps or Leaflet.
NagMap Reborn Introduction
NagMap Reborn is based on NagMap project developed by Marcel Hecko which according to his own description is an "... super-simple application to integrate Nagios or Icinga with Google maps. The integration aims to visualize current status of network devices on aerial photography images..."
- Updating hosts status without refresh on page.
- Support for multiple languages.
- System of last occurrences (ChangesBar).
- Content filter.
- System of sound warning.
- Notification system on the page.
- Almost total control of page characteristics.
- Powerful debug page.
- Service filter.
- Self report of errors.
- Access control.
- Support for multiple API's.
What you can control
- Map center.
- Zoom level.
- Currently only available: English, Portuguese and French. (Translation contributions are welcome)
- Last occurrences view (ChangesBar).
- ChangesBar size on screen.
- Font size.
- Used date format.
- ChangesBar mode.
- Alert lite.
- Show content filter.
- Use system of sound warning.
- Show lines between hosts and their parents.
- Time to update hosts status.
- Icons style.
- Which API to use.
- Use or not access control. (NEW)
It is possible to integrate with other systems that have the structure similar to these, if it worked with some other server monitoring system please let me know!
Undecided about which API to use? Here are some differences between them:
Google Maps API
- Requires API key to be used.
- It has limits of free use.
- It does not rely on third-party services for display or customization.
- Easier customization and use of styles.
- You do not need an API key to use.
- No use limits when used in conjunction with OpenStreetMap.
- Depends on third parties to display the map and use styles.
- Most services that provide custom maps require an API key and have usage limits.
Live preview (Google Maps)
See here the NagMap Reborn live preview:
The master branch will always contain the code referring to the latest stable version.
See here the version in development, this version contains the latest modifications and new features.
It should be noted that this version may contain features that are still being tested and should NOT be used in production under any circumstances!
If you experience any problems deploying NagMap Reborn please see here how to request suport.
You can see here the Wiki / FAQ of NagMap Reborn.
Contribution are always welcome and recommended! Here is how:
- Fork the repository (here is the guide)
- Clone to your machine
- Make your changes
- Create a pull request