Icinga PowerShell Framework
This PowerShell module will allow to fetch data from Windows hosts and use them for inventory and monitoring solutions. Together with the Icinga Web 2 module, a detailed overview of your Windows infrastructure will be drawn.
Release Icinga for Windows v1.5.0 latest
SecureString and Icinga Director Baskets
We have updated the configuration baskets generator to set arguments defined as
SecureString (for passwords) to
hidden within the Icinga Director. This will prevent users from simply gaining access to a password while having access to the Director.
Please update manually all your CustomFields under
Icinga Director ->
Define Data Fields -> Search for
*_Securestring_* -> Field
Hidden before importing new configuration baskets. Otherwise you will have two data fields stored within your Icinga Director and have to enter all passwords again for your service checks.
Reworked plugins and removed arguments
Please note that in general plugins should no longer ship % values performance data and only the actually values including thresholds and min/max input. With the new Icinga for Windows Framework, you can use your graphing solution to properly calculate % values there on your own for display context. Monitoring is for most plugins possible, by simply adding a % sign behind your threshold.
In case the plugin does not support this input for this specify argument, you will receive a
The following arguments have been removed from the plugin and are no longer usable:
These arguments were a % value based on the link speed and the current traffic of the interface. With the new argument handling for % values with Icinga for Windows v1.5.0, you can achieve the same result with the following, already present arguments:
We entirely reworked the plugin and added the same % value shipping with Icinga for Windows v1.5.0, which means we removed the following arguments:
In addition we added page file monitoring capabilities to the plugin with additional arguments
As for both previous plugins, we reworked used partition space with changes for % values with Icinga for Windows 1.5.0 and fixed minor issues from the ground up.
We fixed a spelling issue on the command itself, which was
Invoke-IcingaCheckPerfcounter before and now properly displays
Invoke-IcingaCheckPerfCounter. For that reason your current plugin configuration will change.
To resolve this beforehand, rename the custom variable within your Icinga Director to match the new uppercase
Counter, before importing new configuration baskets.
Features and Updates
- #228 Adds feature to suppress any kind of console output except for plugin output and performance data
- #229 CustomFields defined as
SecureStringare now set to
hiddenwithin the Icinga Director configuration basket - please read the upgrading docs carefully
- #234 Adds support to allow custom exception lists for Icinga Exceptions, making it easier for different modules to ship their own exception messages
- #235 Adds new Cmdlet
Show-IcingaEventLogAnalysisto get a better overview on how many log entries are present within the EventLog based on hour, minute and day average/maximum for allowing a more dynamic configuration for
- #236 Adds feature which stops the Icinga Agent before upgrading the Icinga PowerShell Framework and starting it again afterwards (in case it was running), to resolve some possible file lock issues
- #241 Ensures we use TLS 1.1 and 1.2 for REST-Api calls, as used certificates in general are created with these
- #243 Adds stacktrace output for exceptions in case plugin execution fails
- #248 Improves
Test-IcingaPerformanceCounterCategoryby creating an object for the Performance Counter category provided and checking if it is a valid object instead of relying on the registry which might not contain all categories in the correct language.
- #249 Improves internal exception handler to get rid if misplaced
:and adds all fields properly
- #250 Improve error handling on plugin execution by informing the user if the plugin is simply not installed or the entire module was not loaded because of errors or missing dependencies
- #264 Adds initial handling for handling link speeds or anything else by using new units and conversions, which were formerly used inside the Network plugin and corresponding provider
- #231 Fixes error while using Icinga Director Self-Service API, in case the host or host API key was deleted inside the Icinga Director and the installation wizard was called with the correct template key, while the old host key was still present inside the Icinga for Windows configuration
- #232 Fixes wrong encoding while using REST-Api checks experimental feature, and now forces UTF8
- #237 Fixes
Icinga PowerShell Frameworkroot folder lookup, in case the module was installed with PowerShell gallery, which creates version folders for each installed version
- #240 While filtering for certain services with
Get-IcingaServices, there were some attributes missing from the collection. These are now added resulting in always correct output data.
- #245 Fixes loading of
.pfxcertificates by properly checking the file type
- #265 Fixes
Test-Numericto now accept negative numeric values and als fixes errors, causing
.to be allowed multiple times.
ConvertFrom-TimeSpannow properly prints on negative values if the time provided is positive or negative and also prints microseconds as
usin case the value is loer than
- #269 Fixes unhandled exception on
Set-IcingaCacheData, as the
-ErrorAction Stopargument was not set and therefor the function never halted on errors
- #272 Fixes invalid unit conversion, in case first char of a string is matching time metrics
|application/gzip||2021-06-02||Download from Github|
Release Icinga for Windows v1.4.1
- #222 Fixes an issue with [Secure.String] arguments for PowerShell plugins, caused by
ConvertTo-IcingaSecureStringCmdlet not being pre-loaded
- #224 Fixes "memory leak" on background daemon for registered service checks, by clearing the error stack and manually calling the PowerShell garbage collector to force freeing of memory
|application/gzip||2021-03-10||Download from Github|
Release Icinga for Windows v1.4.0
There are changes made to the pre-compiled configuration files and
Get-IcingaCheckCommandConfig. Please have a look on the upgrading before applying the new configuration files.
- #180 Ensure check data are separated from each thread and not accessible from one thread to another to prevent conflicting results
- #193 Adds optional support for adding milliseconds to
-Millisecondsargument for more detailed time comparison
- #198 Adds support to flush the content of the Icinga Agent API directory with a single Cmdlet
- #203 Removes experimental state of the Icinga PowerShell Framework code caching and adds docs on how to use the feature
- #205 Ensure Icinga for Windows configuration file is opened as read-only for every single task besides actually modifying configuration content
- #207 Adds new Argument
New-IcingaCheck, allowing the developer to provide custom label names for checks and override the default based on the check name.
- #210 Updates the Icinga DSL for building PowerShell arrays to ensure all string values are properly escaped with
'. In case the user already wrapped commands with
'by himself, this will not have an effect as we only add single quotes for escaping if they are not present already
- #211 Adds feature to uninstall single components for Icinga for Windows or to uninstall everything and start entirely from new
- #213 Added support to fetch network interface for
Register-IcingaDirectorSelfServiceHostdirectly from provided director url
- #213 Added support for Icinga Framework Code Cache file being deleted once the feature is disabled
- #213 Added support to suppress any console output for the current PowerShell session by using
Disable-IcingaFrameworkConsoleOutputand to enable it again by using
- #213 Added support for
Get-IcingaFrameworkServiceBinarysuppressing questions and using GitHub as source directly if set
- #213 Added support to color console output by using
Write-IcingaConsolePlainwith the new argument
- #213 Added new feature to write Icinga for Windows console headers more easily, better structured and formatted with
Write-IcingaConsoleHeaderby adding line content as array elements
- #206 Fixes background service check daemon for collecting metrics over time which will no longer share data between configured checks which might cause higher CPU load and a possible memory leak
- #208 Fixes
Convert-IcingaPluginThresholdswhich sometimes did not return proper numeric usable values for our internal functions, causing issues on plugin calls. In addition the function now also supports the handling for % units.
- #213 Fixed possible crash on
Get-IcingaAgentFeaturesif PowerShell is not running as administrator and therefor the command
icinga2 feature listcan not be processed
- #213 Fixed
$nullfor empty strings instead of throwing an exception
- #214 Fixes wrong
[Unknown] PluginNotInstalledexception because of new plugin configuration and wrong checking against APi result in case feature is enabled
- #215 Fixes wrong used variable for arguments on API call checks
- #204 Adds experimental feature to forward checks executed by the Icinga Agent to an internal REST-Api, to reduce the performance impact on systems with lower resources available
- #213 Adds new experimental feature
Management Consolefor better and easier management for Icinga for Windows and improved automation and deployed.
|application/gzip||2021-03-01||Download from Github|