Nagios Plugin to monitor the state of MySQL database backups: Success, last backup, encryped, compressed, etc.
|Find more plugins at Awesome Nagios
|Find more plugins at Icinga Exchange
|Find more plugins at Nagios Exchange
- Did every database dump correctly?
- Is the last dump within the specified time cycle?
- If encryption is required, was the dump encryted?
- If compression is required, was the dump compressed?
- If logging is required, was the dump logged?
Additional information is displayed. Such as:
- How many databases dumped
- How many databases skipped
- How long did it take to dump everything
- How many megabytes have been dumped
How to use it
You will either have to generate a logfile that is parseable by the check_mysqldump-secure script (see mysqldump-secure.nagios.log for explanation) or you can use the already existing tool to dump MySQL databases in a secure way, which supports Nagios log output. mysqldump-secure
Nagios / Icinga Integration
Long Plugin Output
This is only applicable to nagios >= 3